Saturday 26 September 2020

September 26, 1990: Elaine called to hear my soothing voice but our viewpoints wrestled and she hung up unhappy


Thirty years ago today

            I was a couple of minutes late for work. 
            After work I looked for the Eddy Murphy album in which he suggests that white people must dance to the words of a song since they can't dance to the music, but no luck. 
            I went to Mr Grocer but they were all out of pasta so I got some tortellini at Maatco. 
            I forgot to buy the paper. 
            Elaine called to tell me she was stressed out over the papers she was writing for law school and just wanted to hear my soothing voice. But as usual we started wrestling our opposite points of view and she seemed unhappy when we were finished talking. I hated to make people I cared about unhappy. I hoped that I hadn't blown it with her. I went to bed at midnight shaking my head over the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment