Sunday 11 October 2020

October 11, 1990: Elaine said there isn't a scientific classification of race and I said there is. She was right


Thirty years ago today

            It was raining too hard in the morning for landscaping and so Henry sent us home, telling us to come back in at 11:00. 
            I got home at 9:00 and did some of the writing homework that Susan was paying me to do for her.
            I left again at 10:00 and we worked until 17:00. 
            I got back home a little before Nancy arrived. 
            I called Sebastian and we made a date for the 18th because she wanted to see "Henry and June" with me. 
            I called Elaine and we had another drawn out argument. This time it was about whether there is a scientific classification for races. She said there isn't and I said there is. She said it was racists who created the classifications. Of course she was right and I was wrong about that. 
            She also thought reports about Iraqis torturing Kuwaitis were lies. She was wrong about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment