Saturday 3 October 2020

October 3, 1990: Elaine wanted to move to New York but she couldn't leave her mother


Thirty years ago today

            After work I got off the subway at Bathurst and went to the Vinyl Museum to look for the Eddy Murphy record. 
            I called the CKLN radio station and booked studio time again. 
            I phoned Uri about the group and he took my number. 
            Yvette gave me a ring but we only talked briefly. 
            Nancy called and told me she would be coming over later. 
            I got in touch with Elaine and she said she would be staying up all night to finish a law paper and the next day she would be leaving to spend the weekend in Texas. She said she had a hard time studying at home and getting up in the morning. She wanted to move to New York but couldn't leave her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment