Saturday 31 October 2020

October 31, 1990: I went out as the Persian Gulf crisis, dressed as an Arab but with bloody soldiers sewn into my robes


Thirty years ago today

            I spent a lot of the day making my Halloween costume. 
            I had an interview with an agency. They said that I needed a portfolio and that they'd get me one for $175. 
            I went with Mia to meet Nancy and Susan to go trick or treating. I wore my Persian Gulf crisis costume. I was dressed in something like a traditional Arab costumes but with blood covered toy soldiers sewn into the robes. People still thought I was supposed to be a ghost. 
            Susan did Mia's makeup. 
            Susan made her self a short, tight dress by wrapping a long rope around her body. She looked very hot. 
            Nancy felt silly in the costume that Susan had brought her and so she didn't wear it. 
            We got lots of candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment