Saturday 24 October 2020

October 24, 1990: It seemed appropriate to be tearing at barbecued chicken in the dark while watch Quest for Fire


Thirty years ago today

            It was my last day working at DeBoer's Landscaping. I told Henry I'd pick up my cheque on Friday morning as usual. 
            We finished at 15:45 and so I had a chance to go home, change and work on Susan's school project before meeting Nancy at the Bloor to see "Quest for Fire". 
            Nancy bought Swiss Chalet and it seemed appropriate to be tearing off pieces of chicken in the dark while watching a cave man movie. 
            Nancy loved the film. 
           I worked on Susan's assignment as soon as I got home. 
           Susan called to ask when it would be ready. We arranged to have Nancy bring it up to Finch station the next morning as I would be labouring over it past midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment