Tuesday 13 October 2020

October 13, 1990: I headed into work, went to the parking lot where the landscaping trucks meet but none of them were there


Thirty years ago today

            The weather was fine so I headed into work. I knew the muffin shop would be closed so I walked to Tim Hortons, got a coffee and a walnut crunch donut and headed for the supermarket parking lot where the DeBoers trucks meet at the start of workday mornings but none of them were there. I went to the restaurant in the plaza but none of the guys were waiting there except for Joe. We sat out at the busstop for a while and then went to the subway. I called Henry's machine and chastized him for not calling to tell me we weren't working that day. 
            I went home and went to bed. Henry called to tell me that he'd called me the evening before. 
            I went out in the afternoon and found some lawn sales. I bought a Moulinex blender and Cuisinart all for $8. I also got a book on Country Music and a chess game. 
            At around 22:30 I went to go dancing at the Claremont but the line-up was too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment