Friday 16 October 2020

October 16, 1990: No one called. I guessed Elaine had decided she didn't like talking with me anymore


Thirty years ago today

            I got off work at around 17:30. 
            When I got home I gathered up all the books I'd borrowed and went to the library. I turned in everything except for the one that I was currently working on, which I thought would take another three months to read. 
            I bought bread, cream, juice and the newspapers.
            I made pancakes with sour cream and some home fries.  
            I didn't shave or shower. I did some work. 
            No one called me. 
            I got sleepy around 21:00, laid down and conked out. I didn't wake up until 23:15. I got up and made the bed, brushed my teeth and went back to sleep. 
            I guessed that Elaine had decided that she didn't like talking to me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment