Friday 23 October 2020

October 23, 1990: Breakthroughs come when I start writing and stop thinking


Thirty years ago today
 
            I talked with Henry in the morning and he said he couldn't afford to pay me $10 and hour, so I gave him my notice that I would quit after the next day. We worked until 17:00. 
            I had brought Susan's homework in with my to work on at lunchtime instead of my own song research. After work I went to the Parkdale Library and did research until the place closed at 20:00, but I couldn't find anything to help me. 
            When I got home I just started writing and then I made progress. That's usually how it works because the breakthroughs usually come when I don't think too much about a project. 
            At 22:00 I went to the store to buy a Coke. 
            Nancy didn't come by but she called. 
            I phoned Sebastian but she was very cold and unapologetic about having stood me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment