Saturday 31 October 2020

October 30, 1990: We found that there was no 165 Dundas W and discovered that address was in Mississauga


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy amazingly got up at 5:00, while I rose at 5:15 because it took me less time to get ready. We left at 5:30 to go to the post office and apply for work as Christmas help, got on the King car and got off at University. We walked up to Dundas only to find that there was no 165 Dundas West. We called directory assistance and discovered that the address we'd been looking for was in Mississauga. We took the subway to Yonge and Eglinton but there was no line-up at the post office there. Nancy decided to go to the main post office but I didn't think it was a good idea and so we split up. 
           After she left I looked in the phone book and saw a post office at 1 Yonge and so I headed down. I ran into her on Yonge. We tried a couple of places but didn't find it until after breakfast when the offices opened. We filled out the applications and were scheduled to take the IQ test on November 13. Nancy bought me lunch on her card at Holt Renfrew. 
           I met Nancy's sister Susan that night at their parents' house in Scarborough. Nancy was half an hour late. After camera problems we did the photo session and it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment