Monday 19 October 2020

October 19, 1990: I got my raise but not the promised one. I told my boss if I didn't get $10 an hour I'd quit


Thirty years ago today 

            When I received my paycheque I saw that I'd gotten my raise but it wasn't the amount I'd been promised when I took the job. I cashed my cheque at Cummer and Yonge and headed home to Parkdale. I bought beer and when I got home I had a couple and cooked some pork. 
            I called Henry and told him that if I couldn't get $10 an hour I wouldn't be working for him past next Wednesday. 
            I did some housework but lamented that I never seemed to get the place cleaned up. 
            I worked on my collage. 
            When Nancy came home at 22:00 I asked her if she wanted to learn how to play chess. She learned very quickly and I thought she could probably be better than me soon, although that wasn't saying much.
             Before we went to bed I read her some Henry Miller and a few pages from the baby book.

No comments:

Post a Comment