Wednesday 7 October 2020

October 7, 1990: At CKLN I made my demo in ten hours, had a horrible sandwich and stumbled home but it sounded good


Thirty years ago today

            I shaved and showered, gathered the stuff and got ready to go to the CKLN radio station. I arrived at Ryerson University at around 2:00 and started getting everything ready to make my DJ demo tape. I had all kinds of problems with the equipment. The disc jockey on duty helped me a bit but he didn't know a hell of a lot. One of the cartridges was disconnected but I managed somehow to fix it. I fumbled with the synchronization of the programming. I made several mistakes with my voice and had to keep re-recording. I was there until 10:00. 
            I had a horrible western sandwich at Harvey's and then stumbled home to bed. 
            I got up at around 16:00, plagued by all kinds of errors that I thought that I'd made, so I headed back downtown to the station to do some of it over. 
            I took the cassette to Yvette's and it sounded good.

No comments:

Post a Comment