Monday 12 September 2022

September 12, 1992: At the Riverdale Farm fair my daughter chased chickens and squeezed snakes


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday morning when I took my daughter from her mother's place, she cried a little, but not for long. I took her to the Cabbagetown street fair. Parliament was closed off from Wellesley to Carleton and it seemed that every third house had a lawn sale. I bought eight tubes of acrylic paint for $3. There was an answering machine for $25 but the guy couldn't make it work and so I got the owner's number for later. We danced to reggae for a while and then headed along Winchester. We went to the Riverdale Farm fair where my daughter touched a couple of snakes but squeezed them a little too hard. She played in the water and chased the chickens. I made the mistake of giving her some honey and then she screamed when I wouldn't give her more. She fell asleep on the streetcar ride to my place and her mother came later to pick her up. Nancy had planned on going to a movie but when the baby saw her, she wouldn't let her go.

No comments:

Post a Comment