Monday 26 September 2022

September 26, 1992: When I turned down Tom Phillips' dinner invitation he said he'd never ask me again


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I arrived at Artists 25 with a big coffee from Second Cup. In the morning there were Tom Phillips and three other guys drawing me but, in the afternoon, it was only Tom. Apparently, most members preferred a two-one ratio of female to male models. Tom's hobby was buying broken electronics from lawn sales and fixing them. I arranged to buy an answering machine from him. He invited me to his place for dinner, and I was tempted but decided that I wanted to be alone. His strange reaction was to say he would never ask me again. 
            I went home and phoned Nancy because she'd wanted me to find out if she needed me to take care of the baby if she came downtown to shop, but she was sleeping when I called. 
            There was nothing much new on Telepersonals. A few people were curious about my ad but nothing big.

No comments:

Post a Comment