Tuesday 20 September 2022

September 20, 1992: My daughter and I played in beach sand for a long time


Thirty years ago today 

            Nancy came down from Scarborough on Sunday at around 9:00 to feed the baby. She offered to buy me breakfast at Cultures and on the way, I stopped at a lawn sale where I bought The 1001 Arabian Nights and Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth. At Cultures I had an egg salad on a croissant. We walked back to my place where I picked up my daughter's pail and shovel and then we went up to the nature trail. We went to look at Giraffe's Indoor Playland and then we walked down to the beach. Nancy took off and my daughter and I played in the sand for a long time at different parts of the beach that she chose to stop at. We rejoined Nancy at Kew Gardens, and she fed the baby while I went to get a frozen yogourt. Then we went to my place to change her before heading up to the Danforth. For my daughter, it was a little disappointing and she fell asleep on the bench. Nancy went to a movie, and I took my daughter home. She woke up on the way, but I got her back to sleep about an hour before the film got out. Nancy called to say she was coming, and I waited at the stop for her bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment