Thursday 29 September 2022

September 29, 1992: The next bus was in 10 minutes but she made this bus wait 5 minutes. That's Nancy!


September 29, 1992 

 I was supposed to work on Tuesday at Sheridan College, but I got a call the day before from another model named Mike who told me the job had been canceled. I got some work done at home, but I was spending too much time on the phone. Nancy called later and said she was bringing the baby down to leave with me while she went to a movie. She called at around 22:30 to tell me to bring her to the bus stop. But I called the TTC line and found that I wouldn't have enough time to get there for the next bus. I was getting everything ready when Nancy shouted from the top of the basement stairs that the bus was waiting for her. I wrapped my daughter in a blanket and brought her out. The next bus would have been in ten minutes, but she kept everybody on that bus waiting for five minutes just so she wouldn't have to wait. That's Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment