Sunday 18 September 2022

September 18, 1992: My daughter slept on my lap for two hours while the bench was digging my tailbone


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I made it to Union Station on time to buy a coffee and the paper before catching the 6:43 train to Oakville. At Sheridan College, I worked for a new, young teacher who wore really wild clothes. I worked for Wendy in the afternoon. I picked up my cheque and Wendy gave me a ride to Roncesvalles and Queen where I caught the streetcar to Yonge and cashed my cheque, transferring $300 to my chequing account. I had arranged to meet Nancy and my daughter at the Eaton Centre McDonald's and so I went there and worked on some astrological charts while waiting. Nancy left the baby with me and went shopping while I took my daughter outside, intending to take her for a walk. But we started dancing to the Latin American band that was playing in front of the mall and she fell asleep in my arms. I stayed outside with her until it started raining and then I found a bench in the mall. She slept on my lap for at least two hours while the bench was digging into my tailbone. Nancy found us later and then she went to a movie. I ran into Brian, who had been my neighbour on London Street. After catching the streetcar, I chanced upon Tom Smarda. On the way home I bought some beer and Tom came over later.

No comments:

Post a Comment