Wednesday 21 September 2022

September 21, 1992: I switched my ad from Casual Dating to Casual Encounters because the women's ads were boring


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I woke up at around 8:30 and did some work. I checked Telepersonals but there had been no response to my ad since Saturday when "Lizanne" left several messages promising to call me, and a few days before "Patty" had also promised to call me on Saturday. I changed the category to Casual Encounters and decided that if there was no response by midnight, I would switch it to Casual Dating. I had breakfast and watched TV for a while and then I caught the bus to work. I was at Central Technical School early and worked until 15:15. I went to renew my driver's permit and then went to the comic shop and bought two Tomb of Dracula comics before catching the streetcar home. I tried to call Nancy's place to talk to my daughter, but I couldn't reach her. I cleaned up and then watched Superman. At midnight I changed my ad because the women who advertized in the other category were boring. I hoped I would have enough money to pay the rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment