Tuesday 13 September 2022

September 13, 1992: I bought a touch-tone phone for $16


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday Nancy talked me into letting her come with our daughter and me for our second day at the Riverdale Farm fair. She brought her to my place, and we caught the streetcar. At a lawn sale, I got a touch-tone phone for $16. We purchased the baby a toy phone and a toy life preserver. At the farm, I bought some corn on the cob. I danced with my daughter to a really good country band. After leaving the farm I found a copy of Exterminator by William S. Burroughs at another lawn sale. We walked to Eaton Centre and ate at Lime Rickey's where Nancy lingered for four hours! We caught the subway, and I went home where I called up Telepersonals and left a message in the alternative lifestyles category to say I was looking for a Sagittarian woman born in 1954.

No comments:

Post a Comment