Saturday 17 September 2022

September 17, 1992: Despite my guilt being late for work was not a disaster


Thirty years ago today: 

            On Thursday I had planned on getting a ride to Sheridan College with Susana Wald, but I woke up at 6:55. I called and told her to leave without me and I rushed down to Queen Street to catch the streetcar, but it took a long time, so I took the express bus. I was five minutes late for the train. Shame! I called Warren and left a message. I tried to call Joe to see if I could get a ride with him, but I only got his machine. I called it back a few minutes later just in case he was there to hear the message, but he wasn't. I arrived at work half an hour late but despite my guilt, it wasn't a disaster. The class had a lot of breaks. I wrote this on my lunch break. I worked for the same teacher in the afternoon, then I took the GO Train back to Toronto and the streetcar home. 
            A woman called me about the personal ad that I'd answered, and it was the friend of the woman who'd called before. I got her number. I placed another ad in Telepersonals: "Gemini born in 1955 looking for Sagittarius woman born in 1954".

No comments:

Post a Comment