Monday 5 September 2022

September 5, 1992: My daughter played with a traffic cone while I played with a kitten


Thirty years ago today 

            On Saturday morning there was some debate over the phone with Nancy as to whether I should take my daughter that day or on Sunday. Finally, Nancy said that I could come and pick her up that day.
            She took her nap shortly after I got her home and so when she woke up there was time to go for a walk before taking her back to her mother's place. We went up to Kingston Road and Beach Avenue where she found one of those warning cones for road repair. She played with that for a good twenty minutes while I played with a kitten that had come up to us. She practically ignored the kitten except to throw leaves at it. We found Giraffe's Playland on Kingston Road and I saw that it cost $6.50 for the first hour and $1.50 an hour after that. It was good to know about when winter came. I somehow lost the baby bottle I had before taking my daughter back to Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment