Thursday 8 September 2022

September 8, 1992: My enlarger couldn't rise high enough in my apartment so I cut a hole in the ceiling


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday morning I caught the 7:03 train to Oakville and I was at Sheridan College just before 8:00. I worked for Susana Wald, which was always a pleasure. Warren gave me three extra hours of work and so I ended up doing gestures almost all day. I was going to get a ride back to Toronto with Susana until I got the evening booking. I worked for Joe from 15:00 to 18:00 and then he gave me a lift back to Lansdowne and Bloor. Since I was in her neighbourhood I went and left another message for Sebastian.
            That night I called to talk to my daughter, but those days she would just lose interest and cut me off. 
            I still couldn't do any darkroom work because I wasn't able to raise the enlarger high enough in my basement apartment. So, I started cutting a hole in the ceiling to see if that would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment