Saturday 27 November 2021

Skip Homeier


            On Friday morning after yoga I only played one verse of one song to keep in practice. 
            I weighed 87.7 kilos before breakfast. 
            I worked from 7:30 to 10:30 on my US Literature essay. 
            At 10:30 I laid down for a siesta. I dozed a bit in the first half hour but was awake from 11:00 on so I got up at 11:30. 
            I weighed 87.6 kilos before lunch. 
            I worked on my essay until a little after 14:00 and took another siesta. This time I slept until almost 15:15. 
            The official deadline for uploading the essay was at 17:00 but we've been given two days of grace. However, for those who handed it in on time, we would get a bonus of 3%. I was pretty sure I wouldn't make the official deadline but I tried. At 17:00 I had 3799 words, putting me 2099 over the limit. That's more words than I had yesterday but they are better words. At this point, I had two days to go. I'm pretty sure I can make it. 
            It was already dark but I wanted to get some exercise although I didn't want to ride all the way downtown. I decided to ride my bike up to the Dufferin Mall to buy socks at Walmart. I had absolutely no socks that didn't have holes in them. I got three different brands and they amounted to seventeen pairs all together. All the check-out stations except for one on the mall side of the store are now automatic. I didn't want to pay by debit. I had a $25 gift card that I got from the food bank that's been in my bag for almost a year. I paid the remaining $21 in cash. I weighed 87.5 kilos when I got back a little after 18:00. 
            I threw out all my old pairs of holey socks. I had to repair two drawers in my living room dresser, putting nails in the bottom to keep the bottom of the drawer from dropping out. 
            I worked for about half an hour on my essay. 
            I had a small potato with gravy and a pork chop while watching an episode of The Addams Family. 
            In this story, it's Halloween, the most important holiday of the year. Wednesday dresses up like an ordinary little girl in a white party dress and Pugsley wears a business suit and a moustache. Gomez says they are too frightening and so he insists the children assure people not to be scared because they are ordinary children. Meanwhile, the house is being prepared to receive trick or treaters. Grandmama takes the children out and Gomez sees them off. He sees two men hiding in the bushes and thinks they are trick or treaters but Claude and Marty are robbers who have just pulled a job and are hiding from the cops. Gomez invites them in. He takes their satchel to put treats inside and when he sees that it's full of money he thinks the neighbours have been giving out cash. Gomez follows suit and opens a drawer to reveal a large bunch of cash. He grabs a couple of handfuls and puts them in their satchel. The crooks decide they've got to stay and get more of it. But they are torn because they keep getting so creeped out that they want to leave. They keep hearing sirens go by and so they stay. Meanwhile the only one that knows they are crooks is Thing, who picks one of their pockets of a pistol and replaces it with a banana. When Gomez says its time for bobbing they think it's for apples but they see it's for crabs. They don't want to do it until the cops come to the door and then they put their heads into the tub. When they come up the crab has grabbed their noses. They try to trick the Addamses by offering to play hide and seek with the Addamses hiding. It sounds boring to the Addamses but they want to be good hosts so they hide. While they are hiding the thieves open the drawer and steal as much money as they can. But Thing locks the door. When Grandmama returns they run out the door but they are caught by the cops.
            Claude was played by Don Rickles. 


            Marty was played by Skip Homeier who co-starred in his first film “Tomorrow The World” at 14 in which he played a teenage former Hitler Youth member being reformed by a US family. He had originally played the part on Broadway. He followed this with “Boys Ranch” and “Arthur Takes Over.” When he became an adult in the 1950s he co-starred in “Cry Vengeance”, “Stranger At My Door.” In the 60s he did “Stark Fear.” In the 1970s he tried television and had a regular role on “The Interns.” He retired from acting at fifty. 
            I worked some more on my essay but just before 23:00, my brain got too tired. At that point, my word count was at 3356, which is almost twice the maximum.

No comments:

Post a Comment