Sunday 28 November 2021

November 28, 1991: I was eating Shreddies out of the box


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I called my lawyer but he wasn't in. His secretary told me she didn't think there had been any word from Nancy. He didn't call me back. 
            I wouldn't get my cheque until I worked on Friday and I still had to buy a Metropass so I wouldn't be able to make my first Legal Aid payment until I had more money next week. 
            I was one of the two most important people in my daughter's life. To keep me from her was to undernourish her both psychically and emotionally. 
            I started eating Shreddies out of the box and crackers with nothing on them.
            I didn't look for a job. I just gave my new number to some people I'd given the old one to. 
            I wasn't going to call Mike Copping until he called me because he was busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment