Tuesday 30 November 2021

Cynthia Pepper


            On Monday morning I worked out the chords for the first two verses of “Mangos” by Serge Gainsbourg.
            I weighed 88.4 kilos before breakfast. 
            I logged on for my Shakespeare lecture but for the first ten minutes my Open Office document wouldn't respond and so I had to write out notes by hand. 
            I still have too much reading to do right now to decode my lecture notes for last week or this week. 
            After the lecture, I looked at my Shakespeare essay mark and I was pissed off to find I'd gotten a B-. I don't think Errin the TA gave me a fair mark and so I emailed Professor Lopez to ask him to have a look at it. 
            I shaved and showered before lunch and afterward took a siesta. It was snowing a bit when I got up but I decided to take a bike ride anyway because I hadn't been out in two days. It started snowing harder as I was going up Brock Avenue so I thought I'd probably turn around at Bloor. But then it lightened up and so I rode to Dovercourt and then down to Queen and home. I think when I ride to the US Lit lecture tomorrow morning I'll put on a couple more layers. My ride lasted about half an hour. 
            I weighed 87.3 kilos at 16:45. 
            There was an annoying ad in the lower right-hand corner of my screen that wouldn't go away but I found out how to turn notifications off and got rid of it, along with the news feed that's been popping up for the last couple of months. 
            I posted my blog and got caught up on my journal. 
            I re-read the first two scenes of Shakespeare's Othello and most of the first three chapters of Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward. 
            I had a potato and gravy with my last pork chop while watching an episode of The Addams Family.
            In this story, Amanda and Hubert Peterson, a couple of newlyweds move next door to the Addamses. They hear explosions coming from the Addams house and go over to inquire. They find Gomez and Morticia washing Pugsley's octopus. Gomez explains that the noise was from Fester playing with dynamite. Back at home, they hear knocking, and then a trap door opens from the floor. When Fester emerges to welcome them Amanda hits him on the head with a frying pan. Mr. Wentworth the real estate agent comes to announce that the lease has been finalized but now the Peterson's want out. Wentworth says they'll have to talk with the landlord and that's Gomez Addams. Hubert tries to get out by telling Gomez that his company is sending him to Hong Kong but Gomez buys the company so he doesn't have to go. Finally, it seems they just break the lease and run away. 
            Amanda was played by Cynthia Pepper, who started out as a model at age three. She had small roles in films and guest spots on TV series until she got a regular part as the girlfriend of the oldest brother Mike on “My Three Sons.” Then she became the star of the short-lived period sitcom set in the 1920s, “Margie.” She co-starred with Elvis in “Kissin Cousins.” 





            I finished the third chapter of Salvage The Bones
            When I went to make my bed I had a quick look at the old exit door behind my bed just to see if there were any bedbugs and I saw one for the first time in over a month. It was high up the door near the hinge and when I killed it it was dark inside so probably not healthy because of the dust the pest control guy put down a couple of weeks ago. I did a search and dug another sick-looking one out of a crack between the baseboard and floor at the foot of my bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment