Monday 29 November 2021

November 29, 1991: I told the Mississauga Transit ticket man I had no money and he just gave me a free pass


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday I had to be in Mississauga at 9:00 but I didn't know where I would get the fare for Mississauga Transit so I allowed myself two hours to get there. On the way, I asked a couple of people for change but they refused. When I got to Islington Station I told the ticket man that I had no money and he just gave me a free pass. 
            The street I was looking for wasn't in my old Perley's but Wayne had given me the map reference, so I got off the bus in the general area and asked around. I had to trudge through a lot of snow in my sneakers. Once I'd found the address the truck didn't show up for an hour and so I had to sit and watch Sesame Street until Mike got there. An hour after we started Bill arrived with my cheque.
            After the Mississauga job, I went back to the shop and a while later I headed out with Bill Black to an office move around Don Mills and Lawrence. It was only a load and we finished at about 23:00 and I got a lift downtown with Ralph.

No comments:

Post a Comment