Thursday 25 November 2021

November 25, 1991: I called the phone company and ordered a new line under the name “Christian Christian”


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I called the phone company and ordered a new line under the name “Christian Christian,” giving Nancy as a reference. They told me it would be connected on Wednesday. 
            I went by LRT up to the office furniture company at 2500 Lawrence East and filled out an application. Then I went to welfare and handed in an income statement. 
            I was pretty well out of the food I'd bought on Friday. I was thinking that I might not have the money to make it to New Brunswick at Christmas. 
            I talked with Nancy and she said she would meet me on Tuesday at 7:00 at Warden Station. But I would be working at 19:00 and so I would have to leave her at 16:00. 
            I watched TV and went through the rest of the same old routine. 
            I was lost without my daughter. 
            Nancy had yet to dress the baby in any of the clothes I'd given her.

No comments:

Post a Comment