Thursday 4 November 2021

November 4, 1991: All I was asking for was less than a third of the time with my child when I should have had half


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday I'd had heat and hot water since the end of last week.
            I called the lawyers referral service and got the name of a guy who supposedly did nothing but family law. I called him and made an appointment for Tuesday. 
            There was no work in the near future except for maybe next Saturday so I just worked on a collage, other projects, and cleaning up. 
            I didn't call Nancy because I tended not to call her the day after I'd seen my daughter. But I should have been able to see her whenever I wanted and so something had to be done about that. Nancy acted as if everything else was more important than our child seeing me. All I was asking for was less than a third of the time when I should have had half.

No comments:

Post a Comment