Tuesday 23 November 2021

November 23, 1991: Since I didn't hear the phone I stayed in bed until 11:00 but when I tried to call Nancy I found my line was out of service


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday, since I didn't hear the phone ring I stayed in bed until around 11:00. When I did get up I picked up the phone to call Nancy only to find that my line was dead. I went out and called her from the phone booth. She said she'd tried to reach me but a recording said that my line was out of service.
            Nancy said for me to leave right away and meet her at Warden Station. When I got there I waited almost an hour checking the exit stairways for both the Warden and Birchmount buses but finally, she showed up at the other end of the station because she'd traveled there by car. 
            Except when she was sleeping I carried my daughter in my arms all day. I quietly followed Nancy for four hours as we walked all around Yorkville. But when I complained that she was being unfair she said she wanted to go home. We argued about her not wanting to stop shopping long enough to rest and eat. Finally, I settled for some poutine, and then we ate later at Lime Rickey's. We got back on the subway and Nancy got off at Pape Station to visit Brenka. 
            I had fun with my daughter but I wasn't seeing her enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment