Saturday 6 November 2021

November 6, 1991: The legal student advised me not to use a lawyer for my custody case because it would only annoy the court


Thirty years ago today

            I had an appointment on Wednesday with U of T Student Legal Services but they said they couldn't help me with my custody situation. The student lawyer advised me that in fact, it would be best if I didn't use a lawyer for this case because it would only annoy the court. 
            I went home and called Mike Copping. He said for me to meet him at the Wilson subway station at 18:15. From there we drove to Nancy's place but she wasn't ready so we waited in the living room. We went with the baby downtown to Whaler's Wharf and after dinner I started the discussion, saying I wanted to see my daughter two times a week. It turned into an argument for the rest of the time, with both Mike and Nancy attacking my manner. I couldn't help my tone of voice but I said I would try to control it for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment