Sunday 14 November 2021

November 14, 1991: With all my pay-cheques and the welfare cheque combined I still didn't have enough to pay the rent


Thirty years ago today:

            On Thursday I got a ride into Brampton with Bill to pick up my cheques. But with all my pay-cheques and the welfare cheque combined, I still didn't have enough to pay the rent. So I just took out a money order for $445 end kept $19. I bought some stationery and wrote a letter explaining why I was deducting $150, then I brought it to my lawyer. He told me that the new owners would be taking over my building on Friday. 
            I called Mike Copping to tell him not to worry about picking up my cheques. He said he couldn't find the shop in Brampton anyway. He told me he couldn't get together that week. 
            I couldn't get through to Nancy all day. She was out until late dragging my daughter around. When I finally got through to her at midnight she was in bed. 
            I did some work at home and watched a couple of movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment