Monday 29 June 2020

Framed



            On Sunday morning I still didn’t finish memorizing the fifth verse of “Variations sur Marilou” by Serge Gainsbourg. Whenever I have it nailed down I forget parts of the third and fourth verses. Then when I get those back I forget some of the fifth verse again.
            I made the tenth video recording of my daily song practice. I don’t think I was at my best today but some of the songs might be all right. Because it’s so hard to edit songs afterwards one tiny mistake can turn the whole song to trash. I could barely play "Sixteen Tons of Dogma" three years ago or remember all the lyrics. Now I play it a lot better but it’s a hard song to get right because the chord changes are all over the guitar.
            I worked on writing my Food Bank Adventure.
            Around midday I cleaned the mirror in the bedroom and since I already had the glass cleaner out I also washed the bathroom mirror and my monitor screen.








            In the early afternoon I went out to the liquor store to buy a six-pack of Creemore.
            I skipped doing my afternoon exercises and going for a bike ride because I wanted to finish my Food Bank Adventure. I got it done in the early evening.
            I uploaded the video of my rehearsal. I'll need to clear some space on my hard drive to upload any more.
            I had a fried egg over easy and toast with a beer for dinner while watching “The Other Side of the Curtain", which was the third episode of the 1967-1958 Alfred Hitchcock produced TV series, "Suspicion".
            In this story Letty Jason has a recurring nightmare about a curtain behind which there is something that she cannot see and yet she is terrified. She wakes up screaming each time it occurs. She goes to see a psychiatrist but for only one session and then gives up. We learn that she is recently married and that she lived with Ralph, her current husband and his first wife Olivia who committed suicide by poison after being crippled by a riding accident. But suddenly the police show up at Letty's door to question her about Olivia’s death. They say they have reason to believe that Olivia was murdered and that Letty purchased some eye drops that when taken internally acted as a poison that killed Olivia. She is taken to a police line-up where a druggist identifies her as the woman who bought the eye drops. She calls her lawyer and denies having bought any eye drops for Olivia. During the trial it does not look good for Letty as the druggist formally affirms that Letty had purchased the poison and a former house keeper recounts that Letty and Olivia used to quarrel. Finally Letty remembers that she did buy eye drops at some point for Ralph because he'd said that he had an eye condition that required them. Letty thinks she is saved because Ralph will simply confirm this but when he gets on the witness stand he denies it. At that moment Letty has her nightmare while awake in the courtroom and she finally sees that behind the curtain is the truth that she had been suppressing, that Ralph murdered Olivia. She screams and faints. There is an hour recess for Letty’s recovery and meanwhile Ralph comes to see Letty. He tells her that he had to kill Olivia and he had to incriminate her because the jury would go easier on a woman. But the intercom in the Letty’s holding room is on and the police hear Ralph’s confession. Letty’s trial is dismissed.
            Letty was played by Donna Reed.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment