Monday 8 June 2020

June 8, 1990: A friend of Jennifer's said she used to draw me. Jennifer asked, "How come I've never seen your boyfriend naked?"



Thirty years ago today

I finished work at 14:00 after getting soaked and filthy in the rain. I changed my clothes at the subway and went south to Bloor. At the Bank of Montreal at the Manulife Centre I got a new MBB card and cashed my cheque. I went down to Queen and Church where I got a new foil for my shaver. I took the streetcar back to Parkdale, bought some shampoo and went home to get ready to meet Jennifer at the City TV building.
When I arrived there was a note from her at the desk to meet her and some of her cohorts for drinks at X-Rays. I cringed at first at the idea of meeting strangers but actually found her friends to be quite nice. It turned out that one of them had drawn me in an art class at George Brown College. She remembered that when the teacher was out of the room I had said to them, "Why don't you guys blow this pop stand and go to a real art college?" She said she'd thought that to be very cool. Jennifer asked her with mock offence, "How come I've never seen your boyfriend naked?"
Jennifer and I went to see "Unidentified Human Remains and the True nature of Love." The play was much better than its actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment