Thursday 25 June 2020

The Scoured Route of a Wrong Angle



            On Wednesday morning I video recorded another song practice. I seem to be relaxing more in front of the camera and so I’m making fewer mistakes. I screwed up the chords sometimes on my song, "Sixteen Tons of Dogma" and that seems to be the case often with my own songs. I do them a lot better than I did three years ago though.
            I finally memorized the fourth verse of “Variations sur Marilou" by Serge Gainsbourg. I didn't think I was going to make it but I nailed it in the last few seconds.
In the late morning somebody knocked on my door to check my smoke alarm. I told him I didn’t have one but he came in to look for it anyway. I think he was from Sri Lanka. He looked at my Nadaraj statue and said, “Lord Siva! Nice!”
            Around midday I washed and scrubbed the third quarter of the area under my kitchen table. 





            While I was working Benji came to my door to complain about the guys that came to check the alarms. He said they have a third world mentality. I told him that the guy liked y Siva statue and then Benji started talking about Siva being a demigod. The common view is that Siva is part of the Hindu Trinity but Benji revealed his belief that Vishnu is the greatest. Later while I was still working he walked right into my place to show me the book that reveals “the truth". It was a book by Prabhupad, who founded the Hare Krishnas. I had no idea that Benji was such a religious nut.
            I had a cheese, tomato, cucumber and lettuce sandwich for lunch.
            In the afternoon I went over to the liquor store to buy a can of Creemore. There was a line-up and  a tiny woman with a doll’s voice stepped in behind me commenting, “I like a little line-up!” It made sense that she would. Cans of Creemore were on sale so I got two.
I did my exercises while listening to Amos and Andy. In this story Kingfish is working late nights following people for a detective agency but he can't tell Sapphire. So Sapphire thinks that he's seeing another woman. Sapphire hires the detective agency that Kingfish is working for to check up on him and Kingfish gets the job to follow himself. He gives himself a good report and Sapphire is satisfied until she finds lipstick on one of his shirts. It was a shirt that he had leant to Andy for a date. Sapphire and her mother follow Andy when he has a job as a bodyguard for a young woman. When Sapphire finds them together he gets hit on the head. Kingfish goes to a counsellor who advises him to forgive and forget and be the big person in the relationship. Sapphire sees the same person and he tells her the same thing. Kingfish and Sapphire fight over who is going to forgive and forget. They decide that their old way of fighting is less violent.
            I took a bike ride. The homeless guy at Queen and Bay has a sign up about being “The singing homeless man". I've yet to hear him sing.
            For dinner I had an egg over easy and toast with a beer. I tried to watch three episodes of the 1957-1958 show Suspicion, but they were all only partially downloaded. I couldn’t look for them online because the wifi went off around that time. Last night Shankar’s network disappeared from my list but my computer automatically connected to the café across the street. I was connected to that network until the next evening. I don't know what happened to Shankar's. It was listed as out of range on my tablet but my phone is connected. A few minutes later I remembered that I could tether my computer to my phone and so that’s what I did. It was too late by that time to stream any of the episodes but I did check to see if any of them would be available to watch on Thursday night. “The Last Town Car” is available on Daily Motion, as is “Lord Arthur Sevile's Crime" and "Meeting in Paris". I'll watch those on Thursday, Friday and Saturday if the phone connection doesn’t go away.
            I unteathered the phone before sleeping because I like to be able to check the time while I’m in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment