Monday 1 June 2020

June 1, 1990: Yvette and I Cuddled Until She Sent Me Home



Thirty years ago today

I got off work at 15:30 but I didn't get home until 17:00. I got ready and then left for Yvette's place around 18:00. On my way I went to the Kinkos on University Avenue but it was closed and so I had to go to the one at Spadina and Bloor to copy my collages. I bought a bottle of Greek wine and called Yvette from Eglinton station to ask her what else I should bring. She asked me to buy dessert and so I bought a lemon meringue pie at Fran's.
Yvette had finished the last bottle of wine I'd left at her place and so we drank away the tension with the Greek wine. It was the worst imported wine I'd ever tasted. We had a nice dinner and a good talk on the back deck. Then we cuddled and listened to Leonard Cohen until she sent me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment