Saturday 10 April 2021

April 10, 1991: I swept the place I'd lived for the last three years, gave the keys back and sadly left Parkdale behind


Thirty years ago today

            I talked yesterday with Joe, the landlord of the place I was leaving after three years. He told me that I wouldn't have to pay extra for the extra time I'd spent there as long I was out by tonight. I wrapped some equipment in garbage bags and taped them inside my last bookshelf to carry to the new place. That was one trip. When I came back I taped some more stuff into the fake pine shelf and made another trip. I put the enlarger in a chair with the wicker stool upside down beside it and carried those onto the streetcar for another trip. I taped the tabletop, a mirror, my large photos, my jackets and a board together and carried them with the last box of my stuff that I was taking. I took some food, the vacuum and two trays of stuff over to Carlo's. I swept my place, gave the keys to Charlie and left the room in Parkdale sadly behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment