Friday 2 April 2021

April 2, 1991: The family whose stuff we'd stored on the trailer for two months had forgotten to remove the meat from their freezer


Thirty years ago today

            I got up a little late on Tuesday and so I was fifteen minutes late for work. When I got there Donny, Gino and Roy had already started unloading the trailer. It was the stuff belonging to the Italian family that we'd loaded two months before. It turned out they had forgotten to remove the meat from their freezer before we'd packed it on the truck and so it had been rotting there for all this time. 
            We finished at 17:00 and Roy drove me to the subway. 
            When I got home I called Beth at Foreplay Magazine. She said she'd loved my article and poem but that the typesetter couldn't read my hand written story so she would have to send it back for me to type. 
            I got through to the landlord of the apartment on Roncesvalles and made an appointment for 20:00 to see it. Nancy came to my place and we went over there but it turned out to be just two small rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment