Saturday 17 April 2021

April 17, 1991: The customer tipped us $40 to split in three, but that was a lot for him because he was poor


Thirty years ago today

            I got up an hour early on Wednesday after not really sleeping. I sewed my pants and after breakfast headed out to the job site at Danforth and Donlands. I saw the customer leaning out of his apartment window above a store and I introduced myself. He came down to talk with me and he was a nice guy. Donny and Jim showed up and it didn't take long for us to move the customer, his wife and their son. We were done by 13:00 and even though we broke a couple of things he tipped us $40 to divide between us, which was a lot for him because they were poor. 
            I walked to Queen and Woodbine and caught the streetcar home. 
            I called Nancy but she was indecisive about coming over, even though she wanted to shop for birth essentials. 
            She still had a real problem about deciding where to have the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment