Sunday 18 April 2021

April 18,1991: The supervisor was a black woman from California who came to Canada to keep her sons out of the army


Thirty years ago today

            I got to North York City Hall at 9:00 on Thursday. I saw Ralph but no one else for half an hour. I talked with the supervisor, Gloria, who was a middle aged black woman from California. She'd left the States to keep her sons out of the army, went first to Denmark and then to Canada. She arranged so Nancy could contact me if she started going into labour. 
            We worked fast, took lunch and then worked another hour. We would be back on Sunday. 
            I went home and called Nancy and we argued again over where to have the baby. She was being irrational. Read this journal over the last three months and it's all there. I'd made all the compromises and she made none. I wanted the baby born at my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment