Tuesday 6 April 2021

April 6, 1991: My new landlord gave me back $50 from the rent for me to paint the place, though I never did


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I put a lot of stuff (mostly books) in a two-cube box and my backpack and then headed down to the Beaches to meet my new landlord. The Gardiner Expressway was closed and the traffic was heavy on King and Queen and so it took me two hours to get there when it should have taken one. It was nearly 15:00 when I got there instead of 14:00. 
            There were two landlords and they both seemed like really nice guys. They said we wouldn't have to pay hydro or gas and gave me back $50 from the rent for me to use to paint the place. 
            Gus gave me a ride back to Broadview and I made two more trips, bringing the rest of my secondary books, all my writing and all my research paperwork. I worked until after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment