Sunday 11 April 2021

April 11, 1991: I woke up for the first time in my new place


Thirty years ago today

            At 8:00 on Thursday I woke up for the first time in the new place. 
            I took the streetcar to Main and the bus to Danforth. It took me an hour to get to Yonge and Finch. I caught the Steeles bus to Bathurst and walked to the job location. Dave showed up. 
            We moved some stuff at a funny Jewish lady's place to make room for other stuff we were supposed to pick up someplace else. Then we moved her father in law from a one bedroom to a hospital apartment. Then we took some stuff from another house to her sister's house and took the rest bake to the lady's place. The lady gave us $30 each. It was almost 20:00 when we finished and I was supposed to meet Nancy for an appointment with a counsellor at 18:00. 
            Nancy came over later and she wasn't mad about me missing our appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment