Wednesday 28 April 2021

April 28, 1991: We argued until we both started crying and then I hung up


Thirty years ago today

            I had gone to bed with my clothes on and woke up on Sunday at around 8:30. 
            Wayne called about work on Monday. 
            Except for the corner store I didn't go anywhere all day. I shaved and showered, I cleaned up, I worked on projects and I started a new collage. 
            I called Nancy at around 12:30 and we discussed the fact that she'd broken her commitment to live with me before the birth. She said she didn't know if she could keep it now. We argued until we both started crying and then I hung up. I called her later and we went through the whole thing again until I gave up and said, "Don't call me unless you have some good news. I deserve something in return for all this suffering."

No comments:

Post a Comment