Wednesday 21 April 2021

April 21, 1991: I accepted Nancy might not live with me after the birth but still wanted the baby born at my place. She said she hated me


Thirty years ago today 

            I woke up on Sunday with Nancy's phone number repeating itself in my head but I didn't call her. I did some work and brooded about the place of birth. 
            The phone rang and it was my ex-girlfriend Brenda. We talked for half an hour about Nancy and she said she thought I was going to have a rough time with her and that she would always run back to her family. 
            I called Nancy right after and we discussed and finally argued about the place of birth again. At first I thought I heard her say she would have the baby at her parents' house and then she said she wouldn't. She said she wanted to come and live at my place before the birth but needed me to understand that she couldn't commit to living with me afterwards. I accepted that but said I still needed the birth to be at my place. She said she hated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment