Monday 19 April 2021

April 19, 1991: The assembly line couldn't keep up with me so I read the paper in between


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy was supposed to have phoned me back on Thursday night but she didn't. The phone rang at 8:30 on Friday and it was Roy asking if I could get to Brown's Line and Lakeshore. I told him it would take me until 11:00. After Roy put me on hold and talked with someone else he found out that Gary was already on his way there so I went back to bed. But then a few minutes later Roy called again and asked me to go. 
            I got to the job site at around 11:00. I had to load over two-hundred shelves, wrapping them all. It was time consuming because the assembly line couldn't keep up with me and so I had to sit and read the paper between dolly loads. 
            I called Nancy from work in the late afternoon and it turned out that she'd gone to my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment