Wednesday 7 April 2021

April 7, 1991: The midwife told us that some mothers eat the placenta after giving birth


Thirty years ago today

            When I woke up on Sunday the clock said 9:00 and I knew it was off by an hour but I didn't know if it was ahead or behind. I listened to the radio but it could ten minutes for them to mention the time. I learned that I was going to be an hour late for prenatal class. 
            When I got there I couldn't see Nancy but it turned out that she was lying down across the room. I was surprised to learn that this was our final session. 
            Ezra and his wife were the first couple from our group to have their baby and they arrived to show Shlomo and the placenta off. Bridget told stories about mothers that ate their placentas. 
            I went to work but Roy hadn't known that I'd been scheduled to come in at 13:00 and was pissed off that I hadn't gotten there at 11:00. I was there for a few hours. 
            Later I made three more trips carrying stuff to the new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment