Thursday 8 April 2021

April 8, 1991: My new place was across from the streetcar loop so I didn't have to wait at the stop to see when the tram was coming


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy called the phone company on Monday morning saying she was my ex-girlfriend Brenda and ordered phone service for the new place. I arranged through her to get call waiting and touch tone. It would be switched on Wednesday. 
            So far I'd moved all my collage materials, the encyclopaedias and the magazines to the new place.
            Nancy took all my clothes to wash at her place and her mother took a book shelf and some other stuff over there in the car. 
            Today I took all the stuff from the bottom drawer in my closet, my collages, my photos, my newspapers and records. I worked traveling back and forth on the streetcar and took about four trips until well after midnight. 
            The new place was right across the street from the Neville Park streetcar loop and so I could stay in the apartment and see through the window when the tram was about to start it's trip. That way I was able to put some photos on the walls and some books on the shelves while waiting. The placing was not necessarily permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment