Friday 9 April 2021

April 9, 1991: Nancy wanted me to take another test because she was afraid of passing AIDS to the baby while breast feeding


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I was severely upset with Nancy. She wanted me to take another AIDS test even though I'd recently had a negative one. She was afraid to breastfeed the baby once it came because she thought she might be giving it AIDS. I called a clinic and the person I spoke with agreed that she sounded irrational. I called our midwife Bridget to talk with her about it as well. I felt like crying. I made an appointment to see a counselor with Nancy on Thursday at 18:00 at 2828 Bathurst.
            I moved all my important books, some food, my silverware and my dresser to the new place. The dresser was easy when I used the centre doors of the streetcar. I moved my enlarger table but I had to take the big piece in a taxi for $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment