Tuesday 27 April 2021

April 27, 1991: There wasn't much stuff to move but what there was was fragile or heavy, plus there was a safe


Thirty years ago today 

            I got up at 6:45 on Saturday and headed for work. I made it to St George Station almost half an hour early and so I went to the bank machine, got a coffee and the last newspaper I needed and then headed up to Wilson Station. I waited for Scott fifteen minutes longer than I should have and found out only later that he'd called and cancelled. I left for the job site and I saw the guys in the truck as I was coming up in the bus and it turned off Wilson Heights. I got off and followed but I lost it. The street I was looking for was not in my Pearly's and so I figured it must be new. I asked a woman and she said there was a new section to the south, so I went in that direction and found it. There wasn't much stuff to move but what there was was fragile or heavy, plus there was a safe. It didn't take long and even with stopping for lunch we were done by 13:00. 
            I got to Main Station at 13:44 and checked out some lawn sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment