Thursday 22 April 2021

April 22, 1991: Nancy asked me to accept her giving birth at her parents' place and I gave in again but I didn't know if I could forgive her


Thirty years ago today

            I woke up in the late morning when Nancy called to ask if I wanted to meet our midwife Bridget with her. I said "Okay". She asked me to call her and I tried several times but there was no answer. I had breakfast and worked on some projects, then I called Nancy back. She told me to keep trying to reach Bridget and she'd call me later. Nancy got an appointment for 14:00 but Bridget wasn't home. 
            She asked if I wanted to go to a movie. We looked at what was playing and she said she'd call me back. A couple of hours later she phoned to tell me that she didn't want to go because her eyes were hurting. 
            She asked me to accept her giving birth to the baby at her parents' place and I gave in again. I didn't know if I could forgive her.

No comments:

Post a Comment