Sunday 1 November 2020

November 1, 1990: I called some furniture stores about work. Marty Millionaire said they might call me back


Thirty years ago today

            I got up around 10:30, went out for groceries and the papers, had breakfast, and by then it was lunchtime for businesses and so I waited until 13:00 before making any calls. I went through the classifieds and then started on the Yellow Pages. I called moving companies and one of them called me back to ask me to work the next day. He knew Bob Thomson of Thomson Mayflower, who I used to swamp for back in the early 80s. He told me that Bob had recently died and that his son Brad now ran the company. I thought that was funny since Brad was never much of a mover. 
            I also called some furniture stores before my eyes gave out. Marty Millionaire said they might call me back. 
            I did quite a bit of cleaning up. 
            I called Nancy at her parent's place and her sister Susan told me she was working. I talked with Susan for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment