Tuesday 3 November 2020

November 3, 1990: Debra's boyfriend didn't dance and so she seemed to be almost dancing with me for a while


Thirty years ago today

            After midnight at the Claremont Debra came over to say hello. I told her she looked great and she said that she'd needed to hear that. Her boyfriend showed up later but he didn't dance and so she seemed to be almost dancing with me for a while. She disappeared in the fog after last call but her two girlfriends stuck around. I danced like a madman and then walked home with a blister on my foot, stopping for a Coke at the 7-11 on my way. 
           I got up around 10:00, went to a lawn sale and then to No Frills. 
           I called Nancy and we arranged to meet at Woodbine and Queen at 13:00. 
           In the Beaches we bought a couple of comic books and checked out some lawn sales. We walked in Neville Park, had dinner at a Japanese restaurant and went to see Jacob's Ladder. It was a bit disappointing. 
           It's funny that I wrote that Jacob’s Ladder was disappointing since my long term memory is that I liked it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment